Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Universe Talks

Disclaimer: most of what I write is absurd, like life, and that's pretty much why I enjoy it (both the writing and life, most of the time).  So a lot of times what I write is also a bit tongue-in-cheek and I tend to not take myself too seriously the majority of the time.  Ok, that being said...

Maybe it's the influence of The Alchemist, which I love, and is my favorite of Paulo Coelho's books, I do think the universe tells us certain things or points us and our destinies in certain ways.  Like when I was in Xela and people would ask, oh so how long are you here, and initially I had an answer but then I decided to stay until the universe told me to go.  I think certain situations present themselves and make it fortuitous that you make certain decisions.

I'm leaving here soon and I have the mixed emotions that always come with arrivals and departures.  But I was thinking how the universe is telling me to go, and maybe I'm just searching for reasons or rationalizing.  But I think my random recurrent, yet mostly minor, health issues are the universe's way of saying I should leave.  I'm doing almost complete better after being hit by the truck and the infection I got in my ankle.  But I guess me attributing things to the universe could just be further proof of (wo)man's search for meaning in the chaos that is our lives.  And maybe I do really believe that the universe talks and tells us things and when we listen we can realize our true destiny.  Or maybe The Alchemist just had too much of an influence of me... 

No comments:

Post a Comment