Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mission: Impossible

Sometimes I feel like the oldest person in the universe who knows absolutely nothing about anything.  But I don't say this in a defeated way, more in a musing and amused sort of manner. 

My body is completely rebelling against me - I won't lament.  What's the point?  There are ups and downs in everything.  Now is just a down.  And hey, even if the ups never come back and my injuries never heal, well then that's ok, too.

I have a weird relationship with time.  I feel like most of us do because it's so difficult to comprehend.  Some days fly past as if in a race and some days go so slow it's like the last part of molasses being poured out of the jar. But, numerically and minute-wise, they're the same.  It just doesn't make any sense.  I have a weird relationship with change, too.  Sometimes I want to embrace it and I love when routine is destroyed, vanquished by something fresh and seemingly spontaneous.  But then, contrapuntally, change can seem a danger, a hazard to my carefully constructed haven of a world.  It's difficult sometimes, to reconcile it all.  To understand it, well, sometimes that just seems impossible.


No comments:

Post a Comment